As the weather continues to improve, homeowners across the country are gearing up to maintain their lawn or cut the fully grown grass in their yards.
With spring just around the corner, owners are also taking stock of flowers and other shrubs to plant in their backyard.
Checking the state of their trees in the yard would also be one of their things-to-do this time.
It is also around this time of the year when they need to check the tools in their shed, especially those that they would be using.
One of the handy tools to have around in your tool shed is Troy Bilt TB575 EC Straight Shaft Trimmer. This product promises great performance when it comes to trimming lawns, and this Troy Bilt 4 Cycle Trimmer review will see if it lives up to what it promises.
Troy Bilt 4 Cycle Trimmer Review
- This 4-Cycle Trimmer is powered by a 29cc engine delivers maximum torque for the constant power you need
- The Straight shaft design provides users with an extended reach under shrubs and bushes
- Equipped with JumpStart capability that eliminates the need to pull cord to start trimmer (engine starter sold separately)
Troy Bilt started back in the 1930s when it first introduced the first residential rototiller.
With at least 80 years of experience, the company has offered other tools to the public, such as lawnmowers and blowers.
One of their products is the TB575 EC Straight Shaft Trimmer that has been in the market for a few years now.
Let's delve deeper into the product's features, uses, plus its upsides and downsides to determine whether or not this is the right tool to invest in.
Who Is the Product For?
The Troy Bilt TB575 EC Straight Shaft Trimmer is best suited for the following users:
1. Customers With Heavy-Duty Needs
Homeowners who have large tracts of yard space would require equipment that can trim a large number of weeds that conventional lawnmowers cannot usually reach.
Straight shaft string trimmers are best in keeping a lawn well maintained since they can extend up to hard-to-reach places.
This is the tool that most professional landscapers would choose for their business.
2. Tall People or Those With Back Problems
Since the Troy Bilt TB575 EC Straight Shaft Trimmer offers more power and has a longer reach than most cutters, it is beneficial for tall people or individuals with back problems since it would be easier to hold.
If users with short stature use this tool for extended periods, though, it would be more difficult to use.
3. Individuals into Landscaping Services
Since the Troy Bilt TB575 EC Straight Shaft Trimmer is heavy-duty, it is more appropriate for customers who are in the business of landscaping.
People in this kind of business need powerful equipment that withstand the wear and tear of daily use.
What Is Included?
Here are some of the things you'll receive when you purchase this product:
- Troy Bilt TB575 EC Straight Shaft Trimmer
- Fast assembly guide
- Owner’s manual
- Parts Pack
Overview of Key Features
For customers who are still deciding on whether to buy this product or not, here are some of the key features of the Troy Bilt TB575 EC Straight Shaft Trimmer:
- Ease of Use
The Troy Bilt TB575 EC Straight Shaft Trimmer uses a four-cycle engine, which creates less noise and less pollution.
It is also easy to use because there is no need to mix gas and oil before you use the equipment.
It also has the Jumpstart and SpringAssist features, which make using the cord optional when using the trimmer.
- Versatility and Storage
The product is capable of accommodating at least ten Trimmer Plus attachments (sold separately), giving the product more functions.
It narrows down the tools that you need into one piece of equipment and clearing the space in your tool shed.
- Wider Reach for Better Clearing
The design of the shaft allows users with an extended reach that can go under the most stubborn shrubs and bushes and around fence posts.
Trimming hard-to-reach spots in your home and yard has never been easier.
- No need to use the cord
- Easy to start
- Less operational noise
- Reduced downtime
- Easy-to-load head
- Higher productivity
- Seventeen-inch cutting swath; guarantees wider coverage for hard-to-reach spots
- Easy to store
- Not suitable for use for shorter individuals
- Tends to be heavier than other similar models
- Generates more torque; a challenge to handle
- Maneuvering it feels awkward to some users
How to Operate the Troy Bilt TB575 EC Straight Shaft Trimmer
Although the product comes with a manual, to make this Troy Bilt 4 Cycle Trimmer review comprehensive enough, here's a short guide on how to operate it:
- When starting the engine of the trimmer, you would see a blue choke dial and the numbers one to three on the side of the engine. Choose option number one.
- Press the primer valve located at the other end of the engine ten times.
- Hold the throttle trigger fully while starting the trimmer.
- If starter rope is available, pull this five times.
- Move the blue choke dial from position number one to position number two.
- While still holding the trigger, pull the starter cord again for at least five more times.
- The engine can be warmed up for thirty to sixty seconds while the blue choke dial remains on position number two.
- Move the blue choke dial to position number three after a warm-up period of a minute.
While the Troy Bilt TB575 EC Straight Shaft String Trimmer is one of the most versatile in the market when it comes to weed cutters, there are other products that more or less offer the same features. One of these is the TrimmerPlus BC720 Brushcutter.
- Straight shaft design: pro-style design allows for easy trimming under shrubs and low branches
- 4-Tip Steel blade: reversible blade with cutoff guard gives it power to slice through heavy brush
- Included J-bar and shoulder strap: added features for easier use and more control during your yard job
The TrimmerPlus Brushcutter almost has similar features as the TB575 EC Straight Shaft String Trimmer, but the TrimmerPlus is lighter in weight.
It weighs only about 6.4 pounds.
After a thorough Troy Bilt 4 Cycle Trimmer review, we can say that the TB575 EC Straight Shaft String Trimmer stands out since it offers users extended reach when it comes to cutting weeds and shrubs that conventional mowers cannot reach.
Its attachment options give the consumer the freedom to choose which items they would need without blocking up their tool shed or garage space.
In the end, this spells out a total convenience for the customer.